Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sarah Palin's Fox Debut

I didn't see the Palin/Beck interview. I don't really care for TV, and I don't really care for Glenn Beck... so it was easy to forget to tune in. I'll look for video online later.

I did, however, remember to watch the O'Reilly interview. My take? Meh. Not bad, not great. But there was one thing from their exchange I wanted to address briefly:

O'REILLY: They want to know what's true and what isn't.
PALIN: Well...
O'REILLY: They do.
PALIN: They need to read my book, "Going Rogue," then.

I really hope she doesn't stick with this tactic. While many people have read the book, America is not a college course and her book is not assigned reading. During the campaign, I believe Sarah Palin was carefully controlled as to what she could say, when and to whom. In that light, publishing a book about her life and her side makes perfect sense.

But, if Sarah wants to remain in the public eye, she's going to have to learn to answer these questions. If Barack Obama (or any other political figure) were to respond to direct questions with "You'll have to read my book.", the American people would not accept it. The book is now there for anyone who wants a deeper look at Palin, but it doesn't let her off the hook.

No comments: