Monday, May 10, 2010

Peta Protects Pretend Pets

... or something.

So now we know what it takes to draw me out of hibernation. Peta.

No big shock there. I may have mentioned once or twice how I feel about Peta. But they're even more brain-cramp-inducing than even I imagined.

They've bullied convinced Facebook to take the pit bulls out of the game Mafia Wars.

Now, I don't play Mafia Wars. Or the farm thing. Or the fish thing. In fact, I rarely go to my personal page at all, and I pay zero attention to all the critters and weaponry and what have you that my so-called friends keep sending me. (If you're reading this and have sent me a fish or a hatchet or something... I'm sorry. But stop it. Seriously, I'm sick of scrolling past that crap when I make the mistake of thinking I'll spend five minutes checking on old friends.)

Anyway, I've seen other people play the game. And I know you win stuff that helps you progress or raise a level or whatever. The pit bulls are apparently one of those deals. But that's not the point. The point is... They. Are. Not. Real. Dogs.

I think veganism must affect the brain. Maybe all that Tofurkey and soy makes you... well... insane. These are not dogs. They are imaginary. They are little blips of electricity. They are -- never mind.

To add insult to injury, Peta announced it will be:

"...sending vegan chocolates to Zynga founder and CEO Mark Pincus to thank him for his compassionate decision."

GAH! Vegan chocolate? These people can ruin anything.

No comments: