Tuesday, December 8, 2009

USDA Classifies PETA as Terrorists

I don't know how I missed this. I actually Google these weasels every few days (Yes, I hate them that much.), and didn't catch this fresh...

Apparently, the USDA has classified Peta, along with ALF and ELF, as potential "domestic special interest terrorists". In the new "APHIS Facility Security Profile" given to research facilities who conduct animal testing - a frequent target of ecoterrorists - Peta is included on a questionnaire about terrorist threats and activities.

And they're crying about it.

In an op-ed for the Sacramento Bee, Justin Goodman of Peta whines that:


"This should give all Americans pause. People who engage in nonviolent
protests and civil disobedience are sitting in jail cells, stigmatized by one
of the most politically charged and discrediting labels of our time..."

Now, I'm a firm believer in free speech - even if I don't happen to agree with your speech. I think the right to peaceful demonstration and speaking out against injustice is our most important freedom. That said, even the Supreme Court agrees that freedom of speech doesn't give you license to say and do whatever the hell you feel like at any given moment. There are reasonable restrictions that protect the safety and well-being of others from what you say and do. The classic example is not being allowed to shout "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

As I've stated more than once, I despise Peta and the Petapeople cult. So bearing in mind my prejudice against them, I checked out the definition (don't tell Obama, he has a problem with that) of "terrorism" to see if they have a leg to stand on. Per the online definition from Princeton:

•S: (n) terrorist (a radical who employs terror as a political weapon;
usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a
cover for terrorist activities)
Peta may not think their activities deserve the definition of terror, but I disagree. These assholes regularly target children with their nasty little demonstrations. And by demonstration, I do not mean standing with a sign and asking folks to sign a petition, or anything I consider peaceful and non-threatening.

I'm talking about things like their Unhappy Meals campaign, which they're smugly proud of. From the weblink for the "Unhappy Meals" comes this description:

"The inside of the Unhappy Meal box is stained with "blood" and contains a
"blood"-filled packet urging McDonald's to "Ketchup With the Times," a paper
cutout of a menacing Ronald McDonald with PETA's parody "I'm Hatin' It" logo, a
"bloody" plastic chicken, and a "Chicken McCruelty" T-shirt wrapped up like a
sandwich."

Sounds nice, huh? Have a look.

Most kids freak the hell out when they see a normal clown... Peta thinks this nightmare-inducing parody is not only acceptable but wonderful.
The blood splatters are a nice touch. Nothing like traumatizing innocent children in the name of a few chickens, huh?

How about the "Unhappy Meal" toys with slit throats?

More blood and gore... Because as we all understand, it's better to give some kid screaming night terrors than a burger.
And this, mind you, is right outside. No protecting your children from it, even if you only happen to be driving by! You don't even have to buy McDonald's for Peta to torment and terrorize your children - you just have to live near one.
I swear to you, if I were going past and my kids were subjected to this sick, demented display I would ram that rubber knife right down that pseudo-chicken's throat. I consider myself a reasonable, peaceful person... but if you ever want to find out what kind of violence I am capable of, try this around my children.

So, in closing.... You Petapeople and your cult can whine and cry all you like about your new label. I think it's more than appropriate. Your twisted priorities allow you to weep for the poor, defenseless animals while showing no remorse for TERRORIZING poor, defenseless human children. I realize actions like this are not why they got the label, but it's a perfect example of why they deserve it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.