Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pamela Anderson Raises Millions For Charity

It's Rule 5 Sunday again. It's also almost Christmas, so I was thinking about celebrities who do good things for the little people.... The Daily Beast had a piece up about Hollywood folks who produce the most money for their charities, either by driving or giving donations. The number one female by dollar amount was Madonna - who makes my skin crawl - so I skipped along to number two (three on the list).

Pamela Anderson.

Huh. Who'da thunk? (And, she's long been in a place of high traffic generation honor on McCain's site! I should get bonus linky points for that!)





Turns out Pamela drives nearly $5 MILLION to her chosen charity annually. Almost $5 million a year, and she's been doing it for almost 15 years.



Pam's charity? Peta. (Oh fer cryin' out loud. I hate Peta. They're terrorists, remember?)



That's right. Between her publicity campaigns, nekkid posters, fundraising and personal donations, she's sending a small fortune every year to protect critters.


Drop the bacon doublecheeseburger, pal!

Now, I was thinking... It's a waste to me to see so much money going to a cult. Especially one that would like to take away my bacon, my dog, my leather jacket... You get the point.

But apparently, she does do some charity work for people, too. She even worked a soup kitchen on the holidays, helping to cook and serve Thanksgiving dinner to the less fortunate.



Why does this kid look so terrified? Could it be the Tofurky? Or Faux turkey? Whatever the hell that muck is supposed to be!



Still, it's more than many do. I've never served at soup kitchen. And I've certainly never raised $5 million for charity - let alone year after year after year...

So I'll try to be mature about the fact that I think it's an enormous waste. You'd think since she's such a motivated fundraiser, she could do something for... oh, I dunno... starving babies or homeless vets instead of seals and kittens. But I'm cutting her a break, remember? I won't even get into her leather Viper seats, her collection of leather purses, her leather UGGS, or her being the hostess at the opening of that steakhouse...

Nah. It's Christmas. (Almost.) So I'll let that go. I'll just close with the idea that maybe she should use these props below for a different purpose. Like getting a clue.



UPDATE: Thanks to The Pirate's Cove for the link action!
Thanks as always to The Other McCain for the Rule 5 Sunday linky love!

This week I managed a three-fer threeway threesome TRIFECTA! Check out my other R5S posts! Here's Keira Knightley, and some Faux-Nekkid Protesters!

And remember to keep an eye on the NEW The Other McCain site. Looks like it's coming together nicely!
Thanks for coming! While you're here, please check out the rest of my blog... see what Makes My Brain Itch!

2 comments:

Manuel B. Vega said...

I just want you too know Im a big fan of your beuty i even composed two songs in your honerI sure would like two meet you I think thats really nice of you to carry on with your charitable organazations you take care Manuel B. Vega Lake Elsinore California vegamanuel4@yahoo.com

Gwendoline said...

In my view one and all should browse on this.