Thursday, December 31, 2009

Well, ONE Of Us Is Back....

I'm back. No guarantee I'm firing on all eight cylinders, but I'll do my best.

Probably, no one missed me. It's not like I'm the President of the United States, and I spent the last week playing in the sun while my country and the world wondered when I was going to get back on the job...

But hey, I might be being unnecessarily smarmy. I've barely looked at the news for 48 hours, not wanting to leave my blankie and all. Surely President Obama has come to his senses back to Washington.


What's that? He's still in Hawaii?

Good grief.


But I saw while googling his whereabouts that he managed to veto a spending bill while on his "working vacation".

Woohoo! Oh, joyous day! President Barack Obama finally showed some fiscal restraint! He had the intestinal fortitude to stand up to Congress and say "NO!" to spending money! I must have misjudged him! There is Hope! Things can Change!


What's that? The bill was a redundant butt-covering stopgap measure that never took effect and was pretty much a moot point already?

Good grief.

No comments: