Sunday, August 30, 2009

Time To Take Out the Trash

"Attention, politicians... I hereby put you on notice. If you are an incumbent, I will be voting against you in the next election you face."

There. Pretty cut & dried, no? I have personally had it with the crooks and cronies and corruptocrats. I can count on one hand the politicians in both parties that seem to care what their job is supposed to be.
Now, I'm not naive enough to believe that these folks care what I think... but they should. I AM the voter they need to reach and convince. I am an independent. I am a moderate. I am involved and informed and intelligent. I vote, every election. AND, I am absolutely disgusted by the current state of American politics and the behavior of American politicians.

This is not a single-party decision. I don't follow a party, nor have I ever voted a straight ticket. The despicable behavior is across the board, like a virus they're spreading among themselves. These people have forgotten who they work for.

We need to vote them all out. And immediately impose strict term limits. (Yes, I know... we have to depend on Congress to pass term limits. It will NEVER happen with the crew we have in place.) How on earth can a politician who has been in office three, four or more terms have the most remote connection the the everyday Americans they represent? Someone who spends DECADES in Washington knows only what they hear in their own echo chamber. I DON'T CARE which party they represent. At that point, they represent ONLY party and not people.

So this is my new plan: I will be voting against EVERY incumbent I can, for as many elections as it takes to start making a change. I will support ANY contender who promises to push for term limits and promises to leave voluntarily after one term. I will NOT vote for anyone who has relatives past or present in government. I will back real change, and nothing less.

The next election is some time off yet, I realize... But now is the time to plan. And I plan to preach, preach, preach to anyone who will listen: We must take back the reins. We must show them that politics is NOT a career, but a period of servitude. We must remind these people that in the REAL world, doing a lousy job means losing that job. And we must not let them divide us and distract us from the problem at hand -- THEM.

No comments: