Saturday, November 21, 2009

Megan Fox -- Stupid and Slutty? Rule 5 Sunday

It seems like every time this girl opens her mouth, she inserts her pretty little foot. Or her Chernobyl thumbs.


Or fruit, apparently.
In this weeks quotes, she trashes (again) middle America and further alienates women (not her biggest fans) by saying "Girls think I'm a slut." Every time this young lady opens her mouth it seems, something stupid falls out. Sexy, but stupid. Hot, but horrible. Irresistible idiot.
Why do girls think you're a stupid slut? Why ever might someone think that?
Oh. That might explain part of it.
With this week's stupid remarks, Megan set off an avalanche of blog headlines that read "Girls think I'm a slut", and "Fox claims Jennifer's Body tanked because "the movie is about a man-eating, cannibalistic lesbian cheerleader, and that pretty much eliminates middle America.""
So, she's kind of obnoxious, but undeniably hot. And it IS Rule 5 Sunday after all... Guaranteed traffic, is Ms. Fox. What other quotes could I find? I went to the source of her newest scandalous statements, The New York Times Magazine interview. Surely there's more gold there, right?

“You have to be put in a box in this industry so they can sell you,” she
explained. “They need to get hits on their blogs or sell their magazines."

Now I feel kind of like a jerk. Actually, I feel like a huge jerk, as should everyone who MISquoted Fox this past week. Her ACTUAL remarks about her latest awful movie were:

“People expected ‘Jennifer’s Body’ to make so much money. But I was
doubtful. The movie is about a man-eating, cannibalistic lesbian cheerleader,
and that pretty much eliminates middle America."

This sounds much less dismissive than market-savvy.
She said more.
"I’ve learned that being a celebrity is like being a sacrificial lamb. At
some point, no matter how high the pedestal that they put you on, they’re going
to tear you down. And I created a character as an offering for the sacrifice."
So much for stupid. She understands how America handles it's superstars. Most of them don't figure this out until they've been knocked OFF that pedestal.
Another I found enlightening:
"I was joking [about Angelina]! She always seems otherworldly in her power
and her confidence. I'm sure she has no idea who I am. But if I were her, I'd be
like, 'Who the fuck is this little bullshit brat who was in Transformers that's
going to be the next me?' I don't want to meet her; I'd be embarrassed." -
Entertainment Weekly, June 2009
Instead of the vanity she's constantly accused of, I thought this showed humility and respect for someone she admires.
Even her infamous quote from Total Film UK...
"...instead of the entire planet, can you just take out all of the white
trash, hillbilly, anti-gay, super bible-beating people in Middle America?"
Takes on new meaning when considering her life. As an elite Hollywood starlet, this is dismissive and disgusting. Unless you know she's FROM middle America and had a strict religious step-father and went to Christian high school. The Christian school kids in my town were some of the most rebellious I personally knew in school, and I think this is just an extension.
So... I set out to do kind of a snarky hit piece, one of MANY this week. Why not? The quotes were everywhere, ripe for the pickin'. Althouse fell for it. While working on this the other day, I read a post on her blog about Megan's remarks. That post has since gone down the memory hole. I guess she figured out (as I did) that those quotes actually WERE out of context -- something many people claim nowadays, but few are true victims of.
Taking down the post wasn't the answer, though, Ann. HERE'S the correct response:
I'm sorry, Megan Fox. Sincerely. Like so many others, I assumed that behind that beautiful body and babydoll face there was no brain -- or that the mind inside was ugly in inverse proportion to the outside. It seems I was wrong. In the future, I'll try to keep in mind THIS quote:
"I don't understand why people don't have a fucking sense of humor. Always
assume that I'm being sarcastic." - Entertainment Weekly, June 2009
Fair enough. And so, I'll end this without an out-of-context quote to tear you down, or one more photo that reduces you to your parts...
Stupid and slutty? I'm not so sure. Beautiful, and maybe even brilliant. Time will tell.
------------------------
Thanks again to The Other McCain for the Rule 5 Sunday link. If you've come from there, please check out the rest of the blog! And thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

truthdefender said...

i liked your post.

to everyone who thinks megan fox is air headed. read her quotes http://jezebel.com/5285875/megan-foxs-50-best–worst-bon-motsand than read this.

of course she is not a retard and people who think she is are not retards either. The fact is that most of us (regardless of how smart or open minded or edgy we are or think we are) we act in a different way from the way we express our ideas (specially written expressions of them).

Let me put it this way. we live in 3D but we generally write our opinions in one or two dimensions at most.
None of us are perfect we are always evolving, our opinions in most subjects will change as we grow older and that fact doesnt allow everyone else to tell us to shut the fck up if we dont know what we are talking about. Cause we do know!!! They might know better if they are more experienced but that doesnt mean we dont have the right to express our ideas at our expirience level.

Megan is just talking about what she knows, she has made up her mind that way and she is being told to speak it out, in every interview, with every question.
And i don´t think she is trying to be offensive when she says girls dont like her, cause as far as she had experienced it , probably they dont!! may be is her fault but she is not a shrink, she just knows it is difficult to relate or interact with other women.
She is just not following the accepted social talking protocols. Like i bet someone out there has a friend who they think they always speak trying to show off their literacy (as megan thinks about sclarlett) And that friend (or scarlett fot that matter) may not be doing that on purpose. But since when opinions are banned!!!

And yes, women are sexualized in the media thats the way they merchandise women. This is a fact. And if someone doesnt want to struggle to change it she has the right of at least taking advantage of it. Closing our eyes at a fact does not vanish it.

she is a regular person, with a sense of humor, with flaws and mistakes... being honest.

and for the ones who point out that she contradicts herself, of course she does, we all do that cause we have the capacity to change our minds, and also to feel some way about something and otherway about something else and suddenly someone tells us we are being contradictory but somehow in our minds it make sense arent we all contradictory???