Monday, February 28, 2011

Insomnia

...sigh...

Have I mentioned this problem?

I'm a chronic insomniac. More nights than not, I end up staring at the ceiling until the wee hours of the morning. Once I finally get to sleep, I can stay there no sweat. But falling asleep? Pffft.

And I gotta say, round about quarter to three (and mind you, the alarm goes off at 6:30), I find myself hating everyone who's sleeping peacefully. Which means most of the western hemisphere. (Yes... you, too.)

So now it's lunchtime, and I feel like an extra in a zombie flick. My skull weighs about 4,ooo pounds, and I can barely keep my eyelids up. I feel slow, stupid and -- most of all -- sleepy.

And ya know the real bitch of it?

Round about 10-11 tonight, it'll start to fade. I'll survive in a somnambulistic state until the house is quiet, then my eyes will pretty much spring wide open...

And it'll begin again.

...sigh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you a caffeine drinker? I always get sleepiest a few hours before bed time, and then by the time bed time rolls around I'm awake and I have a head ache. My solution is to remove caffeine entirely from my diet.