Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hey, you dang groundhog!

Heh. THIS is my absolute favorite commercial:



"Hey, You dang woodchucks!"

OK. I freely admit to being an overgrown 7 year old. I swear I crack up every time I see that.

But you know what it reminds me of? Another famous rodent. One I'm not too keen on. One I still bear a grudge, nearly a year later.

Yes, Phil. I mean you, you fat bastard.

Now, I already posted about what I'd like to do to ol' Phil... complete with a link to the recipe. Imagine my surprise -- nay, my almost speechless shock -- when the one person who is supposed to know and love me best looked me right in the face yesterday and asked:

"Hey! I'm pretty sure I could get the time off, paid. Wanna go to Punxsutawney for Groundhog Day this year?"

No. No, I do not want to drive for hours so I can stand outside freezing my parts off in the pre-dawn chill to watch that overgrown rat pop up for eleventeen seconds. It's cold in PA in February! (Heh. I offered to drive to Punxsutawney, on the condition that I be warm in the hotel bed alseep during the "festivities".)

Except... I might like to see Phil. We have unfinished business from the blizzard, after all... Hmmmm.... Spit-roasted groundhog...

I'll keep you posted. If I go, it may end up newsworthy.

No comments: